Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Feelings Jenga

Feelings Jenga

This is an activity I use with small groups.

I got this idea from the book "Teaching Children Empathy, The Social Emotion" which is a great resource if you are looking for something specifically on empathy.  Simply take a Jenga game and write feeling words on them. The students play the game like regular Jenga except that when they pull a block they must read the word (or have me read it) and tell about a time they felt that way or, if they can not think of a time, something that could make them feel that way. Like with anything else, do not pressure students to provide an answer if they do not want to. 
 I have used this activity with my empathy small group, social skills small group and self-esteem small group but I think it would work great for almost any small group regardless of topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment