Friday, March 15, 2013

Test Anxiety: What is it and what can you do about it?

This lesson works best with students who are older (5th grade and up)

I begin by telling the students that we will be talking about test anxiety and that they will complete a checklist to see how much test anxiety they have. I give them the Test Anxiety Self-Assessment and let them complete it on their own. I then tell them to count up the number of checks they have in the usually and sometimes categories and add them together to get a number. If the number is 10 or higher they have some test anxiety. The higher the number the more test anxiety they have. I make sure to tell them that this is not a good or bad thing, it just gives them more information about themselves. 
I then use the power point Test Anxiety to talk about what test anxiety is and give them some tips on dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment